Sunday, December 6, 2009

In August after I finished CWG, )a two year online writing school), I was relieved. It freed up alot of time and gave me a break from having to have a lesson done every two weeks. However, in October, Patricia King, came to our school and taught on "Dreaming Big" and allowing God to give us visions and begin making those dreams come true. Several weeks later, another speaker from our school was teaching on how often God gives us seeds but instead of planting them and allowing them to grow, we often hold them in our hands. I realized the reasons God hadn't given me bigger dreams with my future is simply because I haven't pursued my smaller dreams. I thought in August when I finished CWG I had completed the course. Which, to a degree is true, however, I still have nothing published. So I took the first scary step. I submitted my the first three chapters and overview of my Biblestudy "Daughters of the King" to Patricia King's publishing company. The head editor replied back and told me that she believed it would be to expensive for a student to publish through them because they have the author pay for the printing of the book. However, that I am a good writer and believes I should pursue publishing it. God has been reminding me of how much I love writing lately. I have kept myself so busy "learning" that I haven't allowed myself to go to the next level of "doing" in the areas I've already learned in. I wanted to learn everything I could so I would be prepared and wouldn't fail, however I've recently learned that failure is simply a part of life and learning and it shouldn't stop me from going on in life. God has been teaching me so much but that doesn't mean I forget the lessons of the past. I am determined to see my dreams fulfilled with God's help. However, I know that doesn't mean I won't mess up again, it simply means I take one step at a time and keep going until it's been done!

No comments:

Post a Comment