Thursday, September 17, 2009

God is so Good!

I've been so amazed and in awe of how faithful God is too me! I've always known He is yet, there has definitely been a new level of His love and faithfulness. Let's see... where to start.
Well, I knew when God was calling me here He wanted to really and train me in two to three areas. The first was music. They had two auditions for the music team and I made it. Yesterday was orientation. I am so excited at what we'll be learning! We will have a teaching time, and study some of the history of God's designed worshippers, the Levites. Then we'll have two workshops, at this point they have promised to really work with us on our instrument and vocals. They will also give us a good background of theory teaching us to play with a band. As well as, teaching us how to lead worship.
Second, as you know I have been feeling like I need to prepare myself to go to very dark places. So I've talked to the transformation leaders. They have agreed for me to work with them. I actually talked to the leader yesterday for the first time in person. I am so excited! They have assigned me to books, (one is on CD). They also have weekly meetings as a team I am invited to join as much as possible. They are adding me to the team emails so I'm up to date.
The third but not the least, is the youth group. I love the youth leaders, Chris and Amber White. I'm not sure how, but I ended up as the small group/discipleship group for the girls. I am very excited. They have also let me know that they would love to work alongside of me and really learn the ropes of what they do.
So I had a chance to be a personal assistant. Kevin sent him a "professional" description of my job. As soon as this guy received Kevin's email, he immediately sent me one saying he was very interested. I called him yesterday and talked to him in person. Although very interested when he found out I would only be around for a year, he told me that he needed someone more permanent. So I was a little bummed but knew God was going to provide me with a job. During class we always have a break. Well I had a voice mail from David's Bridal. It turns out that they had customer service job that they would like for me to work for them! I was so excited! I have a final interview tomorrow and then they want me to start working as soon as next Tuesday. As of right now to start me off, they only have ten hours to hire me. But they said it wouldn't take long for it to grow into 20-25 hours. Which I am praying in the hours. However, I've also been offered a cleaning job once a month. But the people doing it are going to bless me by paying me $100 for that one day of work. I am so very excited!
I've also had some more problems with my car. Well, I called them the other day and told them what was going on. They said to come on in and they will take care of me. Also, that I shouldn't be having those problems since I've only had the car for about a month. So I hoping they'll fix it for free. We'll see...
God has opened doors I never dreamed would happen! He is blowing my socks off! Even with what were learning at school. I am so blessed.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Missy,
    I'm grinning from ear to ear at the awesomeness of our mighty God!! I'm so happy for you. Worship team, I know you will shine; bridal customer service, you will be awesome; small group discipleship, its you; all the teaching and training that you wanted and now you can walk along side the trainers. Praise the Lord!!!!! Will be in prayer for a healthy fixed car.
    Blessings,
    M Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missy I am SOOOO Happy for you!!!!1 That is so cool.
    Love you girl!!

    ReplyDelete