Friday, September 4, 2009

Orientation is over...

Sorry it's been a while since I updated. Thursday was really awesome. They had a time where the leaders and interns anointed everyone with oil and prophesied. It was really awesome! They first received some words over our class. That are class was being raised as generals and God was accelerating our knowledge at a quick pace so we could go new places. (I left my notebook in my car which had the specific prophecies written down so I'll have to record them later.) One of the biggest things that stuck with me was that "This is a new beginning for me." "I will be a bright light in a very dark place. Working with people that no one else around me will be willing to work with." It was really awesome!
Today, I had a pretty rough start to my day. I believe God is really using this time to stretch me. Thinking about finances I realized if I use absolutely every penny I have, I can pay off everything for one more month. That was a little stressful. However, God is good. Guess what we talked about today??? How God owns everything. :) (Doesn't our God have a sense of humor?) Matt and Sonja our leaders shared their testimony of how God led them here and the walk of faith they went through. It was so encouraging. I really realized that one, God has led me here and two, He is going to provide. Although, I am going to find some verses on prosperity and start reading them over my life :). I also talked to David's Bridal. The manager who decides who they hire has been traveling. Hopefully, they'll have an answer for me (with a job) by Monday or even as late as Thursday. My other apps where I've applied could be another week at best. I know God's timing is perfect even though things don't necessarily look very good right now. I got to hang out with some friends tonight and had a lot of fun. I'm really starting to connect with some people which is a definite answer to prayer. So orientation week is finally over and next Tuesday we start learning about our identity. I'm very excited :) TTY Soon... Love ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment