Tuesday, September 1, 2009

First Day of School

Hello,
So today was my first day of school. I have to be honest, when I first headed off to school this afternoon I didn't really want to be there. I suffered from homesickness after my family left me last night to go back to life. Part of me has been struggling with why I am here, so far from home. After being introduced to all the staff of Convergence church we had around 1-2 hours of praise of worship where God came and wrapped his arms around me. When I was standing there singing I heard him lovingly whisper in my ear, "You are not forsaken or forgotten. I am here with you and I love you." After that, they gave us about 30-40 minutes to write our expectation and what we want to take from the year. One of the things I wrote down was that I really wanted to be taken to new heights and new places in my walk with Him. Almost every country I've visited and many of the conferences I've attended people have prophesied that I have a great calling on my life. However, I'm not sure what that calling is. I asked God that He would reveal that calling on my life to me and teach me to walk in it. Also, to provide me with financial support and a job with which I have much favor with my hours so work and ministry aren't constantly colliding. Before we ended we walked through a prayer tunnel. Two of the words I specifically remember were the following: "I have a pure spirit and that the pure in spirit will see God with sweet heart." The second was: "You have a calling on your life and will set the captives free."
So that was the first day. I'm expecting great things from the next ten years and am totally excited for the next year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment